OzArk offers a professional archaeological service based on a comprehensive understanding of the legislation protecting cultural heritage. For over a 18 years, OzArk has undertaken projects all over NSW and has built a large database and library of heritage information, particularly relating to Western NSW.
Further, OzArk has established working relationships with many Land Councils, the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage and other government agencies. This network of contacts enables effective communication and thus the swift and expedient completion of all heritage projects.
OzArk provides the following specialist skills:
- Site survey and recording for Aboriginal archaeological sites
- Liaison with relevant Aboriginal communities and Land Council organisations
- Liaison with appropriate legislative and planning authorities
- Background research, register searches and documentation of site data
- Broad based regional planning studies
- Management recommendations and mitigative measures
- Aboriginal Heritage Impact Permits (AHIPs)